Manifesta 14 Prishtina Call for Documentary Filmmakers
Manifesta 14 Prishtina is launching a call for proposals to produce a short documentary (up to 30 minutes) following the process and the people behind the Nomadic European Biennial and showcasing the rich and diverse 100-day programme taking place in 2022.
We invite local production companies, film agencies or filmmakers to apply and tell us how they would give our audiences a glimpse behind the scenes of the first edition of Manifesta to take place in the Western Balkans. The selected crew will follow the Manifesta 14 Prishtina team in their work process in Prishtina and through its many activities culminating in the edition is set to be held from the 22nd of July until the 30th of October 2022. The final documentary film will premiere at the closure of Manifesta 14 in Prishtina as well as potentially tour in festivals. Manifesta also aims to showcase the film in the international media.
We are looking for a team that wants to tell the story of Manifesta in Prishtina, highlight the innovative and distinctive approach that the biennial takes and reveal the dynamic and vibrant energy of the city of Prishtina.
To apply please send us a CV, reel or portfolio and a motivational letter including the approach you or your organisation would like to take. All applications must be submitted in English.
Applications should be addressed to [email protected] with the subject line “Manifesta 14 Prishtina Documentary” by the 10th of February 2022.
*An estimated production fund of 22,000 euros has been reserved for the project.
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, changes location every two years. Founded in the early 1990s, Manifesta rethinks the relation between culture and civic society, investigating and instigating positive social change through contemporary culture in response to, and in close dialogue with, the social sphere of the Host City and its communities. Manifesta has consistently chosen unexpected host locations that reflect Europe’s ever-changing DNA to shed light on a world defined by changing ethical and aesthetic imperatives. Manifesta, as a recurring event, has transformed itself into a multilayered and inclusive instrument of civic engagement projects.
In 2022, Manifesta 14 Prishtina will take place in Prishtina, Kosovo. Manifesta 14 aims to support the citizens of Kosovo in their ambition to reclaim public space and to rewrite the future of their capital as an open-minded metropolis in the Balkans and in Europe through the development of a new cultural institution.
SCOPE OF WORK
The production of the documentary will be implemented under direct supervision of the Communication Department of Manifesta 14 Prishtina Team.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Manifesta 14 Prishtina team, the filmmaker or agency will deliver the following:
- Develop the up-to-30-minute documentary film on the the process and the people behind the Manifesta 14 Prishtina.
- Interview selected interviewees for the documentary, including the team of Manifesta 14 Prishtina, the participants, stakeholders, citizens, public officials, relevant public institutions.
- Keep in regular contact with the Manifesta 14 Prishtina Communication team throughout the pre-production, production, and post-production of the documentary.
- Present a draft documentary to the project team for comments and suggestions & review them.
- Subtitle the documentary in English, Albanian and Serbian languages.
- Finalise the documentary and the trailer within the given deadlines from the date of the signing of the contract.
DURATION AND TIME FRAME
- March – October 2022 – Production
- November – December 2022 – Post production
- January 2023 – Delivering the documentary
The applications will be evaluated considering the following criteria:
– Relevant experience, Portfolio and technical capacities 40%
– Approach to organisation and Proposal 60%